Wednesday, April 21, 2010

THE PERFECT DATE

What is the perfect date? Is there even such a thing? It's different for everybody. For some it could be a candlelit dinner followed by a long walk on the beach. For others it could be trying a new exotic restaurant together and salsa dancing to end the night. There's no right or wrong answer here. It's simply a matter of taste. Isn't it funny though how wrong a date can be? You spend so much time planning it and overanalyzing every single detail that it ends up doing quite a number on your nerves. Here is my idea of the perfect date.
To begin with, I have to admit that I have a penchant for men with long hair, tattoos don't hurt either. I've been this way since I was 15. So my date would start off by picking me up in an old car, preferably one from the 60's or 70's. He would knock on my door and he would wait a little before I opened up... make him sweat a bit. I would then open the front door in a black, vintage mini-dress and black, knee-high boots. These are not important facts but it's all in the details. He would be wearing faded jeans and a leather jacket. His hair would be down and he would smell like a man. There's nothing worse than being attacked by overpriced cologne. We would size each other up for a minute longing for the end of the night when that first kiss would happen. Sorry but you have to work for the meaningful things in life. Too much too soon has never been on my agenda. Like I said, a little sweating never hurt anybody. After the brief five minute physical approval we would drive off to a fondue restaurant where they have live entertainment... belly dancers. Let's just pretend for a minute that this restaurant exists. We would be sitting on plush cushions in a dark candle lit corner of the restaurant... the darkest corner. In each corner there would be dark-haired beauties slithering along to the music making the air slightly warm. We would share all sorts of exotic foods dipped in hot, melted chocolate. The strawberries would arrive last, of course. Throughout the meal, we'd exchange stories of our past and hopes and dreams. Our hands would briefly touch every once in a while, maybe as you handed me a napkin or helped me up. After the meal, we'd leave and go to a bar on the beach where you sit on rugs in the sand. A live band would be there playing a who's who of rock's finest music. The night air would be soothing and relaxing. We'd both be drunk from having mentally stimulated one another over dinner. We would continue talking as the waves crashed on the shore.
At around one or two in the morning, I would be driven home. There would be so much tension that we'd both have butterflies. I'd get walked to my door and the man would slowly put his hand behind my neck and give me a kiss fit for an Aerosmith music video. He's tighten his grasp and run his hands through my hair. He'd then look into my eyes and we'd both know that the best was yet to come.
Well... want to tell me what your idea of a perfect date is? Don't worry... I won't bite.
Till next time...

2 comments:

  1. Gotta think about that, and it makes for a good question, but, you could MAKE a music video from this post. For those of us who can't paint quite so descriptively with words, it is good to have people around who are.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's where I come in!!!!!! I thought today's post was funny. I tried to lighten up the mood. Everyone's been so edgy.

    ReplyDelete